Time to Depart Haiti
The Embassy of the United States in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, issued a Security Alert on July 9, 2021, reminding U.S. citizens of the current Level Four Travel Advisory for Haiti (“do not travel”).
'Given the reopening of airports to commercial flights, we strongly encourage those U.S. citizens who are in-country to avail themselves of the opportunity to depart Haiti, especially if they feel at risk or threatened in any way.'
The Embassy suggests these actions to take:
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Make contingency plans to leave the country.
The U.S. Consular Section is resuming limited services starting Monday, July 12, 2021. If you have an emergency, please refer to our website for information regarding obtaining appointments or contacting the staff.