Last Flight To the USA Departing Belgrade Soon
US Embassy Serbia announced the final flight to the USA will depart on April 8 2020
The US Department of State in Serbia announced the ‘final’ flight to the USA will soon depart.
Announced on April 4, 2020, the Embassy said Air Serbia will operate a direct flight from Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport (BEG) to Washington-Dulles Airport (IAD) on April 8, departing at 7:00 a.m.
At this time, this is the only way to travel between Serbia and the United States. If you want to leave Serbia, you should strongly consider departing on this flight.
‘We expect this will be the last flight to leave Serbia for the United States until regular commercial flights resume.’
Due to the curfew that lasts until 5:00 a.m. on the morning of the flight, any passengers on this flight will need to arrive in Belgrade on April 7th (the day BEFORE the flight), spend the night in Belgrade, and depart for the airport immediately at 5:00 a.m. when curfew ends.
Any passengers who arrive after Air Serbia closes check-in will not be boarded.
Furthermore, ‘Thanks to the generosity of the government of Serbia, this flight will be free of charge to passengers.’
If you have not done so already, and you want to depart on this flight from Belgrade, you must register your interest by filling out this form now and submitting it online using the Submit button at the bottom of the form.
Please do not call the Embassy to confirm receipt of your email — we will contact you if you are confirmed for a seat.
Flight seats will be prioritized for U.S. citizens and their eligible family members, Legal Permanent Residents of the United States, and then others as seats may become available.
Seats will be allocated according to health concerns, age, and the order in which the Embassy received your request.
Passengers will be screened at the airport for symptoms of COVID-19, and will not be boarded if they show symptoms of COVID-19.
The Embassy is unable to assist travelers with transportation to the airport. Serbia has suspended the use of public transportation.
U.S. citizens will need to secure private transportation to the airport, such as a private car or taxi.
The U.S. Embassy is unable to assist travelers with accommodations in Belgrade.
Travelers who are age 65 or older or who are under self-isolation should request special instructions from the Embassy when we contact you.
U.S. citizens without a valid passport who wish to book this flight should contact [email protected] to request information on how to obtain an emergency passport.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Serbia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restriction to the U.S.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive Alerts.
The US Embassy Belgrade, Serbia contact numbers are +381 (11) 706-4000 (24 hours), 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
SARS-CoV-2 pandemic news published by Vax-Before-Travel.