The world is reopening as the COVID-19 pandemic recedes, empowering international travelers to ask which vaccines effectively prevent endemic diseases such as dengue, polio, and yellow fever.
Vax-Before-Travel digital solutions empower international travelers to enjoy their next trip abroad by knowing the latest vaccination information before landing.
Most importantly, travelers can digitally access fact-checked news before traveling to maximize infectious disease prevention.
Vax-Before-Travel combines its innovative network of main-street capabilities with a trusted, personalized learning experience, such as these services:
- Travel vaccine appointments
- Vaccine and medicine discounts
- International travel newsletters
- Visa and passport resources
- Lab Test Services
'Healthy Insights for Travelers' is a free weekly newsletter containing the latest vaccination and health information sent to your email address The Vax-Before-Travel "real-time information network" publishes doctor/nurse/pharmacist approved people can trust.
You can easily enroll at this link.
Empower international travelers with information services to maximize each person's unique immunization needs.
Did You Know
- About 90 million Americans traveled internationally during 2019.
- Tens of millions of people are not appropriately vaccinated before departure.
- Last-Minute travelers (LMT) comprised 16% of all international travelers.
- At least 1 travel vaccine was deferred by 18% of LMTs because of insufficient time before departure.
The complex issues we face as a society require respect for different viewpoints. Race, class, generation, gender, and geography all affect points of view. Reflecting these differences in our reporting leads to better, more nuanced stories and a better-informed community. Therefore, we seek diverse voices in our management and reporting staff. Here is our advisory board.
Vax-Before-Travel publishes health and vaccine news based upon valid research from universities, government agencies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and the WHO. These organizations do not influence the published content.
Our news-gathering team is independent of commercial or political interests. We do not accept gifts, including paid travel, to avoid any conflict of interest or appearance. Our digital newsroom is insulated from any interaction with advertisers. We cite potential conflicts of interest on the same page as the published, relevant work.
Medical Advisory Team
The Vax-Before-Travel Medical Advisory Team works closely with pharmacists, doctors, and nurses across various specialty areas to ensure the published content is accurate, actionable, and understandable. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Robert Carlson, [email protected].
Our news organization commits to doing its best to publish accurate information. We stand by the information we publish, and if it's not correct, we will change it as quickly as possible. We take many steps to ensure accuracy, such as:
- We investigate claims with skepticism; question assumptions; challenge conventional wisdom;
- We confirm information with subject-matter experts and seek to corroborate what sources tell us by talking with other informed people or consulting documents;
- We verify content, such as technical terms, stats, etc., against source documents or clarify who provides the information. For example, we may share relevant components of a story with a primary source or an outside expert to verify them.
Vax-Before-Travel Ownership Structure and Revenue Sources
Vax-Before-Travel is owned by PrecisionVax, LLC, which is a woman-owned, international information services organization. Karen McClorey Hackett, the president of PrecisionVax, is committed to transparency in our ownership structure and revenue sources. We are a private company founded in 2016.
We produce our revenues from advertising. Our dominant advertiser is Google Adsense. Google Ads Terms & Conditions are published at this link.
As such, our editorial team has no relationship, nor communications, with any advertiser. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Updated policies are published on this webpage.
Comments and Concerns
We believe that public feedback is not a one-way street. Instead, we are committed to engaging with you and taking action based on your suggestions and other feedback. In line with this belief, we are committed to providing greater transparency about how news is produced and offering regular contact and interaction points.
And most importantly, we hope your next trip is an enjoyable, healthy experience!
Karen Hackett, President